Feed editor - Shipping
This is where you define shipping settings at the feed level. These attributes can be used together with the account shipping settings to help you provide accurate shipping costs.
- Shipping label. A way to tag the items with shipping_label. These labels will be used to map the items to the pre-configured shipping services in GMC. Please note that settings here take precedence over the shipping label set by Shopify custom shipping rates and Advanced Shipping rules app support.
- Shipping weight. Configure how the item weight data is derived from the product data. Item weight can be composed from variant weight, metafields or extracted from other sources including product title and description. If your shipping cost are based on weight, it is mandatory to provide weight data in the feed, or GMC will not be able to derive cost and reject the items.
- Min/max handling time (days). For Google Shopping, this can be shown together with the ads, giving customers with an estimation of when-about the items can be ready for shipping.
Custom shipping entries
You can add up to 100 shipping entries, each represent a combination of shipping destination, shipping method and shipping price. These entries will take precedence over the shipping settings in GMC account level.
Depending on the target countries you set in the feed, the app will sync the Shopify shipping service and calculate the shipping cost for each item.
Each entries generally target one country (or for applicable countries, sub areas defined by Region, Location, Postal code range or Delivery zone)
The entry's Service name and Shipping price are specified with expressions.
Important: Always use the Feed preview to check the result of the expressions.
Please note that the shipping tokens ("Shipping service for ..." and "Shipping cost for ...") are derived from the shipping settings of your store, taking into account the weight and price of the item. The derivation is best effort, meaning the app might not be able to derive values for these tokens in some cases:
1/ There is no shipping settings configured to the country.
2/ The shipping settings is neither weight based nor price based. For example shipping provided by a 3rd party app (carrier rates) will not be retrieved, except for our integrated shipping partners.
Currently the only supported shipping partner is Advanced Shipping Rules. Rates from this app will be retrieved if it has been integrated into our app.
3/ If the item belongs to a custom shipping profile, and the app does not have the required access.
Access to custom shipping profiles can be granted from the warning banner from Feeds tab.
If the default tokens cannot derive proper values, use the expressions to specify values for the shipping entry. With expressions, you should be able to adopt the most common shipping scheme:
- Set shipping to percentage of price
- Set shipping based on weight