Advanced price and sale price calculation
The advanced price modification present a powerful way to derive prices of the products in the feed, taking inputs from Shopify product price, compare at price, product and variant metafields in math expressions.
By default, the price and sale price are composed by the following rules:
- Price: If compare at price is available, use it, otherwise use the product price.
- Sale price: If compare at price is available, use the price as sale price, otherwise not set.
These rules ensure the correct alignment of the prices in feed with how Shopify compare at price works.
The default rules work for most of the cases. However there are some common cases that require custom price calculations:
- Tax/shipping inclusion. In the following example, a VAT rate of 21% and fix shipping cost of $10 are added to the prices
- Ignore compare at price (skip submitting a separate sale price field). This ensure that you always submit the lower prices, e.g. the target market place does not support displaying sale
- Taking prices from product metafields
With both the rules and the expressions in place, you can be as creative as you want to with the price calculation.