Feed editor - Metadata
The feed metadata tab contains the settings that define the feed. It includes
- Feed name. For your own reference across the app. Feed name is also used in several other places:
- As the utm_campaign value by default, allowing traffic by the feed can be shown in Shopify Sessions and Sales attributed to marketing reports.
- For Google Shopping file feed, the feed name is used for the created feed in GMC.
- For File feeds, feed name becomes the default file name when you manually download the file from the feed URL.
- Include multiple variants
- If not selected, only the first variant that meet the requirements is included. The use case for this is when you have large store, and you want to keep within the Google Merchant limits (default to 150k items).
- If selected, all the variants that meet the requirements (defined by other settings) are included in the feed and grouped under same item group id. This help enrich your product feed, which will enhance your ads which can lead to better sales.
- Action for out of stock variants
- Leave them in as out of stock: include the variant and set it as out of stock.
- Leave them in as in stock: include the variant and set it as in stock.
- Include only them: This create a feed with only out of stock variants, which can be used as a supplemental feed to inform Google Shopping of the items that have gone out of stock.
- Exclude them: Do not include out of stock variants in feed
- Stock locations. You can get the stock data from only specific locations. This is helpful when you are creating local inventory feeds for a store with multiple locations.
- Feed format
- API: using Application Programing Interfaces to send feed to the ads platform. For Google Shopping it is Content API. This generally means faster synchronization. **Please note that this option for Google Shopping does not remove the items from Merchant Center once the corresponding product is removed/excluded from feeds. If that is desired please switch to use one of the file feed options
- XML, TSV, CSV: feed file options. Feeds will be generated as file in the selected format, with an URL which can be used to create feed in the ads platform.
- Custom feed file name. Sometime it is useful to be able to edit the name of the feed file being generated on the server. However you need to make sure that the file name is unique across all the feeds in your store.
Variants filter by options. Select variants for feed by their options. For example you can pick only a v-neck variant of your tee, if you want to specifically target women in your product feed. You can also feed only the L/XL sizes of a shirt because M down and 2XL up sizes are generally not as common.
- Products/Variant filter by metafields. Products/variants can be included in or excluded from the feed depending on metafield value.
- Variants filter by price. Include only variants whose price fall between the min price and max price.
- Products filters by variant stock Products can ben included in or excluded from the feed depending on quantity in stock.
- Products filters by custom data Products can be included in or excluded from the feed depending on custom data. You can mark products with custom data in the app.